We are always excited to welcome new patients to our office during their first visit. A preliminary clinical examination will be performed at this time. This visit will allow us to get acquainted, determine the basic nature of your orthodontic problem(s), and will provide us insight into your orthodontic needs. At this point, there is insufficient information to plan treatment in detail, but we can answer many general questions that you may have regarding the basics of orthodontic care.
We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures may be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent or primary teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- What are my payment options?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
Comprehensive Feinsmiles Diagnostic Analysis
We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also recommend taking comprehensive diagnostic records at this time. This information, called records, is necessary for developing a treatment care plan and includes the following:
- Digital photographs of the mouth and face
- A panoramic and cephalometric(or head) radiograph showing the relative position of the teeth and supporting structures
- Digital impressions with the Trios 3 color intraoral scanner of the patient’s teeth and surrounding structures which will be used to create SureSmile 3-D digital study models
- A comprehensive orthodontic clinical examination
Dr. Feinberg, one of the best orthodontists in Connecticut, will perform a careful and meticulous in-depth analysis of the comprehensive diagnostic records gathered. A critical evaluation of each patient’s specific needs will be performed; in-depth planning leads to superior, more predictable results and higher patient satisfaction. SureSmile diagnostic 3-D software toolsets will be employed as indicated.
The consultation appointment is designed to acquaint you, in detail, with the nature and extent of the orthodontic problem and the plan of treatment. The objectives, methods and duration of treatment will be clearly outlined. Any questions pertaining to the case will be answered at this time. Treatment costs are also discussed at the consultation appointment. The orthodontic fee will vary according to the severity of the orthodontic problems of the patient. Some cases may require only a simple retainer, while others are more complex and, therefore, more costly. Finances can be arranged on a convenient basis with an initial down payment and monthly installments.
Our goal is to make your experience with our office a pleasant one. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Thank you!