With SureSmile orthodontic technology, your orthodontist can design your braces treatment in a way that moves your teeth to their desired position more precisely than ever before. With the accuracy of a SureSmile treatment plan, you’ll be on your way to a beautiful, healthy smile while spending less time in braces compared to conventional orthodontic treatment.
Step One: Advanced Orthodontic Imaging
- SureSmile creates a 3-D computer model of your bite by using advanced imaging technology to scan your teeth. The 3-D image is captured with the OraScanner® or Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT). This scan procedure is the beginning of your SureSmile treatment.
- When used, Conebeam Computed Tomography (CBCT) scans allow your orthodontist to better analyze the orientation and position of your teeth and roots by showing additional tissue types, such as bone, teeth, nerves and soft tissue.
Step Two: Prescriptive Treatment Planning
- With the 3-D model, the doctor can now see how your teeth fit together from any angle. SureSmile treatment planning software provides virtual simulation tools that allow your doctor to determine the final position of your teeth and define the most effective plan for your unique treatment needs.
- SureSmile software provides virtual simulations for your doctor to review planning options and determine your optimum treatment. The target position of each tooth is planned in advance so you’ll know what outcome to expect.
Step Three: Robotic Accuracy
- Once your orthodontist defines your treatment plan, the SureSmile technology directs a robot to bend a shape-memory alloy archwire according to your customized prescription. This wire is designed to deliver the gentle forces needed to move your teeth consistently and more directly to their desired finishing position.
- Shape-memory alloy archwires are made by heating Copper Ni-Ti® metal to more than 1000ºF during the robotic customization process. These “smart” wires permanently retain your individual prescription and are activated by your own body heat.